kitchen socket heights?

What height should kitchen sockets be above a worktop?

Reply to
Tim Morley

Anything you want that allows the flex to exit and do a right angle without strain, since there's no chance of tripping over it. Something like four inches or so? Personally, I'd make them in the middle of a tile run for looks - although cutting a 'U' out of a tile is best done with an electric cutter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They are normally installed 105cm above the finished floor surface (to the bottom of the socket). Mine are actually 108cm (I wasn't sure how thick the floor surface would be when I installed the sockets), which makes them 18cm above the worktops (again to the bottom of the socket). That seems OK in practice. Could go a bit lower without any problems.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Andrew and Dave ;)

Reply to