Kitchen sink waste

That's what I got with my sink, but putting two traps straight on to the two waste outlets keeps the waste pipework much nearer the sink, thus increasing the usable cupboard space significantly

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Of course.

N.E. Lincolnshire.

It's a small local kitchen company/shop? - not a well known brand name. The fitter is a sub-contractor who, according to the company, has fitted kitchens for them for over 12 months without any complaints.

The boss has yet again promised a visit. Saw neighbour earlier - the visit should have been around 20:00 this evening. Will post updates :-)

Reply to
Troy

Update.

Boss visited my neighbour this evening. He agreed that the installation left a lot to be desired. He said the fitter will rectify all faults. Neighbour has agreed to let the fitter back in to attempt this. He told the boss - I want to pay the fitter - the moneys there - but I *really* need a satisfactory job done before I part with any money.

I think this is just a waste of time but fingers crossed for neighbour.

Reply to
Troy

I'd be worried about the abilities of the fitter. If it continues on too long then you should be reducing the amount you'll pay, for the inconvenience. ...unless of course the amount you've paid is in-line with a crappy job.

I had a friend who went with a similar set-up to this - the salemsan guy said you don't have to pay until all the work is finished & satisfactory but the fitter demanded payment before all the work was done then of course hardly ever came back to fix the stuff he should have done.

Reply to
adder

Tough - tell him to get stuffed, unless stage payments have been agreed beforehand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)