Kitchen sink & the black mat stuck to the underside

Hi Our kitchen sink had a black mat stuck to it's underside. It has fallen off. Does anyone know the purpose of this mat? Is it for sound deadening (as water flow into sink from taps) heat retention for hot water. If it has to be stuck on what's the best adhesive?

Reply to
brush-head

I think it's to help stop the metal flexing .I would imagine silicone would do to restick it .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

It's for sound deadening.

Evostik will stick it - the proper solvent one, not the toy mimsy version.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Never, the stiffness of metal is higher than that of the black pad. It's for sound deadening to make a cheap thin metal sink sound more expensive!

Reply to
aahbarnes

stiffening and soundproofing. evostik.

Reply to