Kitchen fitting - gap behind unit and cover panel question

Hi,

I am fitting an Ikea kitchen and have a problem with a tall oven unit with a wall to one side and base and wall units to the other.

The wall behind the units is not vertical and so when the unit is plum there is a gap behind (increases from floor to top of unit).

I will attach a cover panel to the tall unit on the side which has adjacent base and wall units to hide the white side but this will still leave the gap showing.

The gap behind the base units will be hidden by the worktop, but how can I avoid/hide the gap along the side of the tall unit between the base and wall cabinet (gap about 5 mm increasing to 10 mm)? I am planning on tiling between the base and wall cabinets.

Many thanks.

Reply to
nafuk

If I understand you correctly, you are talking about the space twix worktop and underside of wall cabs?? If so and you are tiling the wall then most fo the gap will be covered by the edge of the tiles/adhesive and a run of silicon sealant to finish off will cover any remaining gap.

HTH

John

Reply to
John