Kitchen Finally finished

Haven't posted for a while, but I just wanted to say thank you to the group for the help in fitting my kitchen. I raised questions on beams, gas pipes, electrics, damp, drilling holes in ceiling for downlighters and tiling. Along with the answers I received and generally keeping up to date with the group I have learnt a tremendous amount and I am sure I have saved a lot of money and done a better job.

I finally finished the kitchen this weekend, with a tiny bit of painting and the edging of the units with stick on wood effect stuff. It's only taken 18months, which of course has not impressed SWMBO! (Has anyone taken longer? I'm sure I'm not alone) If you are interested here are some during and after pictures. One thing I learnt, is to make sure you take pictures before you start, rather than 2 weeks into the job.

bought the kitchen from Wickes and was very impressed with the quality and service. Everything was included in the original order and it arrived on time. I also phoned up for some plinth clips 13 months after placing the order and they sent more immediately, no questions asked.

Reply to
deckertim

Well Done That Man. Very Slick, you should be very proud. Want to come and finish mine. Baz

Reply to
Baz

Cracking job that man. Looks very nice :) I just hope I can do my own so well but most of it is beyond me to be honest and I'll probably have to rely on friends who are better at DIY.

-- Dave Baker

Reply to
Dave Baker

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: [snip]

Looks good what I can see, but 18 months..sheesh! I would have been divorced now.

p.s you waited 13 months for plinth clips after the phone call. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Congrats - 18months - that's excellent in my books :-) But are you really, really sure it's complete - is there not just that one last very small bit to finish off...

I have just started our kitchen refurb (however workshop refurb also on the go at the same time - and that takes priority!) and will most certainly be using some of your posts..

It's all the peripheral stuff that takes the time isn't it... In our case, new boiler, new consumer unit, strip and replace ceiling, knock wall down between kitchen and dining room, open new door apperture, close old door apertures, take up and renew floor, re plaster, re wire etc etc...

Then the easy bit - fit the units!!!!

Glad to hear you found Wickes to be good - I'm leaning that way too.

BTW - My "financial controller" insists she has been waiting for 17 years for the new kitchen.. Grosss exageration .. pah...

Roy

Reply to
RzB

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yup. Thats about how I like to leave a kitchen too. Nice work mate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sheer magic mate! Well done!

Dave

Reply to
david lang

done, looks fantastic now :)

Séan

Reply to
Séan Connolly

-- freddyuk

Reply to
freddyuk

Ahhh... No not quite... we are at 36 years now so that would be about 19 years adrift.. :-)

We weren't that late with our honeymoon!!!

Roy

Reply to
RzB