Kitchen Facades or KBBC - Has anybody used them?

Hi All,

I'm currently thinking about having my kitchen done up. It's fairly small and the units & worktops are in good condition so i'm wondering about just replacing the doors, etc and have had Kitchen Facades in to give me a quote.

I'm also wondering about using KBBC for a new kitchen

Has anybody used either of them before? I'd be grateful for any feedback about them or any recommendations.

Thanks Andy

Reply to
andy.dryden

If they're standard size units, you can buy doors from loads of places that sell kitchens and fit them yourself. Any firm taht can afford to employ people to come out and quote will be charging you for it (and all the ones that didn't lead to sales) eventually.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Thanks. Fair point. I think the original units might have come from B&Q so maybe i can just get replacement doors.

Reply to
andy.dryden

Kitchen units are fairly simple things. If you have a look to see how theyre pieced togeher, you'll quickly see its easy enough to diy renovate them. Theres usually a few repairs as well as new doors involved. Its not difficult. With all the faffing around involved in getting a firm in you might just as well do it yourself. No day off work needed then - or 2 days since they wont show first time.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Maybe they did, Maybe they didn'. Maybe you can, Maybe you caa't.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

How old is it? Doors changed from imperial sizes to metric somewhere in the '80s.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They're probably about 6 years old as the conversion was done then and all flats in the block have the same kitchens.

So are most doors interchangeable accross different kitchen vendors?

Reply to
andy.dryden