kitchen cupboard rubbish bin which takes carrier bags

Having just completed our kitchen install, we are looking for a rubbish bin to fit in the under sink cupboard.

My parents have one which is basically a plastic rectangular hoop with a lid. The hoop has hooks to hold a carrier bag. It's a great gadget because it hardly takes up any space in the cupboard, and it reuses all those carrier bags you don't know what to do with. But, they got it on a special offer at Morrisons, who don't sell them any more.

Lakeland do something a bit similar, but much more substantial (has an outer bag around the carrier bag). Does anyone know where I could get such a thing?

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

I would recommend the more substantial option. If a carrier bag were to split (or leak) then you would have a mess. The one we have - came with the fitted kitchen - is made by Hailo and is probably German judging by the stickers on it. This is a plastic bin with a handle, but the right size to line with a carrier bag. For the simple type you describe I would try a caravan supplier - ISTR they used to fit these inside caravan doors.

HTH Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Tim,

I think Betterware, Kleeneze or one of the other door-to-door catalogues sell them. I'm not sure about price (though things tend not to be too expensive). Hope this helps

Mark

Reply to
News

screwfix do one ( in their bigstuff catalogue ) but it's part of a range of kitchen accessories. You have to order a minimum of 5 items from the range. Need anything else to complete the kitchen ;-)

Reply to
JonH

Tim Mitchell wrote in news:oayjPhMT2Oq $ snipped-for-privacy@tega.co.uk:

There is a betterware, I haven't got a catalogue, but mine has BW 898 A2 moulded in the lid, course that could mean anything, so clock their site.

I used this happily until a kitchen refit, now go a norrible poshe one nowhere near as good, butlike David says it's not very substantial, and bags can split.... (but I liked it - the whlo assembly lived on keyhole slots and removed for washing)

Lakeland have a part no ref 1793 In Bin

lakelandlimited.co.uk

I can't find a reference to the Hailo, I'd like to hear if anyone can

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

mike ring wrote in news:Xns942ACD84EC9DFmikeringbtinternetco@217.32.252.50:

B&Q do a simple one - patterned aluminium outer and a plastic bin. (Rip off the silly bin handle as it just makes it awkward to get the bags in or out.) It is adequate.

Fairly basic mechanism lifts the lid. (OK - very basic.) Suggest a touch of silicone grease/spray to make it slide easily.

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

The simplest is a hook on which to hang the bag. It's what we've used for donkeys years.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Mary Fisher writes

If there's a frame holding the bag open, it's easier to scrape stuff into it. The betterware one looks like what I was after, thanks to all for the info.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell