Kitchen cupboard

Hi

I have a kitchen wall unit that when the door is opened it swings back say

100 degrees and hits the extractor fan above the cooker. Eventually this is gonna create a dimple and wear off the laminate on the door. (Not as easy as changing the hinges to the other side either!!!)

Is their any kind of fixing or strap that i can get to stop the door swinging back so far?

cheers SlicK

Reply to
Slick

You could glue one of those soft close dampers to the extractor. Quite small and unobtrusive. B&Q do them as an extra for their kitchens but I don't know if they're available instore.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You could use a cloth strap, or better some nylon fishing line, I dont know if there are hinges that will restrict opening to exactly 90 degs.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The message from Stuart Noble contains these words:

They are - I bought a pack of five for £6 the other day. Bliss - the kids don't slam the cupboard doors any more. Well, they do but the dampers work.

You can get limited opening hinges.

Reply to
Guy King

Remove the doors. Everything will be more accessible.

I hate swinging doors at head height, I've banged into them in other people's kitchens too often. They're not used in professional kitchens.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

LOL Nice one...

Reply to
Slick

=========================== Professional kitchens are designed to be workplaces. Judging by some of the kitchen displays I've seen recently modern domestic kitchens are designed to be a cross between a church and a library.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

They certainly seem to be more about 'design - hey!' than a workplace.

My kitchen is a workplace. Much like Spouse's workshop. He doesn't have doors on his shelving!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher