Kitchen ceiling paint

Hi all. I didn't know about kitchen wall and celing paint until recently and I can see its necessity for walls but I'm hoping it isn't strictly necessary for the ceiling. We are tiling the kitchen from floor to celing.

Can I get away with an ordinary emulsion here?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

Rednadnerb

You can get away with any paint wherever you want to put it, the words, 'bathroom', 'kitchen' and 'ceiling' and 'wall' are printed on ordinary paint so that they can double the price, I can't believe people actually fall for it. Does anyone think that painting contractors use crap like this when they are doing schools, hospitals, care homes etc? - the answer is a definate no!' - they use contract emulsion or other standard paints, all of which are suitable for all surfaces.

Reply to
Phil L

I don't agree. I have found B&Q kitchen and bathroom paint much more mould-resistant in a bathroom in my house than the standard emulsion which was there before. Also very good in the kitchen (though that did not have mould problems).

Reply to
rrh

Seconded - it is also more easily wipe clean should you have children who scrape shoes, toys, each other along the walls. HTH jon

Reply to
JupiterJon

Thanks to all.

Reply to
Davao

I'f you've got mould then you have a problem that needs fixing (lack of ventilation probably) instead of just painting over it, so to speak. Like the man said, any paint will do.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq