Kitchen Cabinets

Hi All

Kitchen wall units are available in standard widths 500, 600, 1000 etc, but what about height? Are they all the same or are there 'standard' heights?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

There isn't much in it. Most kitchens are the same height floor to ceiling. So there is limited scope for mass produced stuff.

Floor units have to come to about 30 inches for ergonomics and the work-top to wall units is about 3 tiles that's 18 inches or so. That leaves just enough room for the standard unit sizes which don't vary much -though I am damned if I can remember what that is.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Wall Cabinets are generally 720 or 900 high.

Reply to
Andy Hall

For the mass market the wall unit height is the same as the base unit height sans plinth, thus enabling the same doors to be used for both.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Wickes', alas are about 730mm high, just to be awkward.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Dave,

Normally off the shelf pre packed stuff is a standard hieght. Normally there is some adjustment in the form of the legs. Quite a bit actually. about 3-4 inches. if you need custom hights then you either need to adapt a generic one, (wthi custom legs for eg) or start from scratch with a bespoke unit.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
kevin foote