Kitchen base unit fitting

When you are fitting base units and one end is going to be hard up against a wall what is the normal practice?

Do most people put in an end support panel so the door has more clearance or is there something else you can do.

I have tried it hard against the wall and the door opens and closes ok, maybe just scuffs the edge ever so slightly.

Also whats the best way to support them as the plastic legs dont look upto much and I am going to be putting heavy tambour units on top.

Reply to
Gogs

The hinges should allow adjustment to stop this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I put a narrow fillet of timber in there of the right type.

Oooh-er!

It doesn't look quite right to me when the doors are right up against the wall...

They're actually quite strong. You could use timber and packing, I suppose...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The legs should be strong enough. If they are anthing like Ikea units then it is possible to fit more than the minimum nr of legs so the load is evenly distributed.

Reply to
DJC

They're very strong in compression. I'd be surprised if they couldn't hold a car up. Certainly I have no issues with the granite tops and I'm sure a couple of people could walk over the surface with no ill effect.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle