Kitchen Appliance Q

Hi all

Still chewing over kitchen layouts!! Is it possible/accepted practice/advisable to position an electric hob above a dishwasher?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I would say a really stupid idea. But then again, I don't have the alternatives in mind to choose amongst! Perhaps it is the least evil option.

It seems less than ideal if you consider the process of putting things into and taking them out of the dishwasher while cooking. (Spattering grease in a frying pan going over clean dishes? Chip pan just about to burn and a full dishwasher door away?)

One of the advantages of separate hobs (over 'cookers') was that the cook does not need to stand in front of a hot oven. So they have to stand in front of a very warm dishwasher instead...

Reply to
Rod

What a stupid idea.

Back to the drawing board for you m'lad.

Reply to
George

Installed a new dishwasher last week.

The installation instructions said No !

Guess it would all get too hot.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

"Derek Geldard" wrote

Thanks Derek - back to the drawing board (as someone has already suggested)

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster