Kingspan under concrete ?

I've been trawling the Kingspan site to try and find hard facts about using Kingspan panels under concrete slab bases. Specifically I've been trying to find figures for what load various grades will take and what compression can be expected by the static load. But their site is a technical desert, masses of glitzy stuff for shareholders and very very little 'nuts and bolts' hard facts. Can't find a single data sheet on any product ! What grades and what thicknesses will meet the

0.25 w/deg C/ M requirement of the building regs (as I understand it) Any pointers?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

look at the Celotex site. It has better information and application notes.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Isn't it usually 100mm of polystyrene? I thought you just buy a flooring slab and fit it.

Reply to
dennis

Hi there

We(local authority) use75 mm Polystyrene for under slab insulation,king span would be a tad expensive with no real benefit over the poly.

Reply to
ALex

It usually is, because its cheap and there are no downsides (fire risk/cables corroding) in a slab of screed..but 50mm of celotex is as good.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A few mm reduction in floor thickness is all I can think of.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Try a search for their Thermafloor, Styrozone or Kooltherm products. One is called 'TF70 zero ODP' slab. I have their "Architects and Designers Guide". They sent me this a while back after I asked for info. It's a folder with details specs and drawings of typical applications for all their products. WM

Reply to
wattie

the data you seek.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Rick, Thankee kindly sire !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:10:39 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "ALex" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Then your floor slabs don't comply with the requirements [1]. 100mm expanded polystyrene was a minimum up to last year for most residential work; it's now ~150mm.

[1] Unless either the slab is very large (ie, commercial building sized), or you can prove by calculation that the extra heatloss through the slab is offset elsewhere.
Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Not on my 2000 regs it wasn't..50mm IIRC. Not enough IMHO

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher