'kin ell it's hot

Page 2 of 2
RichardS> We've been feeling pretty smug about the decision to fit RichardS> ceiling fans in the bedrooms a couple of years ago...
One of the best bits of work I ever did.
-- +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Andy Cunningham aka AndyC the WB | andy -at- cunningham.me.uk | +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | http://www.cunningham.me.uk/rangie - Everything you wanted to know | | about the P38A Range Rover but were afraid to ask. | +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ "The world has gone crazy: The best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war." -- Anon

Hi
Us too. Extremely good value to fit and run c.f. a/c.
IanC
On 07 Aug 2003 00:04:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comma (Dave Baker) wrote:

Get one of those camping lamps which attract flying things and stick it on a pole in the garden.
It won't stop the moths coming in the house but you will get a certain amount of satisfaction from hearing the pops as his brothers and sisters get fried out in the garden.
Andrew

Very ecological!
Many moths do us far more good than harm, the cinnabar moth for example is an excellent biological controller of ragwort which is a distinctly noxious weed. I'm sure there are innumerable other 'good' moths, the cinnabar moth is just one I know about.
Not to mention that many moths are very beautiful.

Yep. I've had red admirals in my study and also in my garage, both with the windows open.
Andrew

Dont they melt in this weather?
35C - thats 95F. Shit.
Regards, NT

I can absolutely guarantee you that I will say no such thing. I particularly like January and February and spend a great deal of time outdoors during both. Indeed I already have a week holiday booked in the NW of England during Februaury. The only time the weather is particularly vile in this country is during July and August with honourable mention for June. I have never ever said or even remotely thought that I 'wished I could have had a hot day like last summer' since last summer was invariably at some point nasty.
Andrew McKay wrote:

Or do what I did - install screens on the windows. Lots of air, no bugs. Simple.
Andrew McKay wrote:

Alternatively, to avoid frying possible rarities and in any event to avoid such unfriendliness to wildlife, frame up some screens to put in your windows!

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com
Someone asked how hot hell is?
This may shed some light.....
SOME INTELLECTUAL HUMOR Is Hell exothermic or Endothermic ================================== This is a true story.........(Well they always are aren't they!)
A thermodynamics professor had written a take-home exam for his graduate students. It had one question.
Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with a proof. (exothermic is when something releases heat and endothermic is when something generates heat)
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:
"First, we postulate that if souls exist, they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving" I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.
Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.
Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.
#1 So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
#2 Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given me by Jennifer Smith during Freshman year, and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true, and hell is exothermic."
The student got an A
snipped-for-privacy@uk2.net (Chris Holmes) wrote:

ROTFLMAO! Loved it. Thankyou very much Chris, that one was good, especially the evidence at the end.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby
     snipped-for-privacy@uk2.net (Chris Holmes) writes:

That reminded me of some less intellectual humor which came round our office...
After being nearly snowbound for two weeks last winter, a Seattle Man departed for his vacation in Miami Beach, where he was to meet his wife the next day at the conclusion of her business trip to Minneapolis. They were looking forward to pleasant weather and a nice time together. Unfortunately, there was some sort of mix up at the boarding gate, and the man was told he would have to wait for a later flight. He tried to appeal to a supervisor but was told the airline was not responsible for the problem and it would do no good to complain.
Upon arrival at the Miami hotel the next day, he discovered that Miami Beach was having a heat wave, and its weather was almost as uncomfortably hot as Seattle was cold. The desk clerk gave him a message that his wife would arrive as planned. He could hardly wait to get to the pool area to cool off, and quickly sent his wife an e-mail, but due to his haste, he made an error in the address.
His message therefore arrived at the home of an elderly preachers wife whose even older husband had died only the day before. When the grieving widow opened her e-mail, she took one look at the monitor, let out an anguished scream, and fell to the floor dead. Her family rushed to her room where they saw this message on the screen:
Dearest wife, Departed yesterday as you know. Just now got checked in. Some confusion at the gate. Appeal was denied. Received confirmation of your arrival tomorrow. Your loving husband.
P.S. Things are not as we thought. You are going to be surprised at how hot it is down here.
--
Andrew Gabriel