keston broken again

I am utterly fed up with my Keston Celcius 25. It has Failed AGAIN. That is 3 failures in 2 years. and that is just counting the failures where I KNOW the fault is internal to the boiler. I am not counting the other times where it was possibly due to installation.

This boiler is a pile of $$$$$$ and Keston customer cars is zero. They are not in the least bit interested now its out of warrenty.

Dont buy one.

Reply to
Richard

What has failed?

I was quite impressed by their £50 summer service deal last year which included all parts including bringing earlier models up to the current spec with replacements of flue hoses, igniter and PCB

Reply to
Tony Bryer

None of the three I've fitted so far have given any trouble. They are now three, nearly two, and nearly one year old installations. I may have been lucky I suppose.

What did you gave go wrong?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Ed,

Would you buy a Keston (C25) again? Or would you recommend some other make/model?

Reply to
Rod

I would have no doubt fitting the same again. Indeed I have quoted for installing one later this year to replace a slightly incontinent Ideal RS

45.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

13 months after installation the main pcb went 18 months after installation the sealed system expansion tank went 24 months after installation the cabinet themal fuse blew (needing a new fuse and investigation and fix as to cause of overheat. 27 months after installation cabinet thermal fuse blown again.

I have never been offered the £50 summer service. I would have taken them up on it.

It has been serviced, but not by keston. Unfortunately Keston and I are in dispute. I was under the understanding that when the came and replaced the non functioning PCB it was (i thought) done free of charge as it should not have gone out so soon. However they seem to have 'forgotten' what they said to me overthe phone when I first booked their engineer and demanded £155 Labour for their visit. I have not paid, and apart from monthly reminders they have not persued the matter further (YET).

I wonder if the good performance of your Keston boilers is down to the good servicing by Keston and free replacements of parts that presumably they know are suspect and likely to fail. I.e. good preventative maintenance and upgrading of their design weaknesses.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I can only report my own experience: the two engineers that have serviced the two Celsius boilers at our church (installed 2001) and the one who sorted a warranty problem at my mum's have all been excellent. Their servicing seems to consist of remove and check the igniter, clean the condensate trap and check the flue gas mix: one specifically said to me that if it was running in tune dismantling it was not a good idea. The manual that came with my Glow-worm CXi combi starts the servicing section by telling you to dismantle the burner and clean it and ends by telling you not to if the gas mix is OK!

Reply to
Tony Bryer