Kerapoxy tile grout - has anyone used it?

Has anyone here used this stuff:

if so is it any good?

I'm specifically looking for a grout that can be easily cleaned when stuff like grease and pasta sauce etc. gets on to it (leaving no stains). Are there any other products that would do the same job?

Reply to
clangers_snout

I've used epoxy grout - the BAL one, not that make. It's very good indeed, if a bit more tricky to use than normal grout. Not as much more tricky as some of the pros make out. It's sticky stuff obviously, but if you wait until it's tacky, then 'emulsify' it with a wet scouring pad, it comes off the tiles fine with a bit of scrubbing/ wiping/scrubbing. You do have to be a bit more careful not to empty the joints too much in the process.

It has no rival for non-staining, cleanable, totally waterproof grouting - like in commercial kitchens (if tiles are used at all).

Reply to
boltmail

AFAIK, it's no longer permitted to use tiles in commercial kitchens.

Reply to
Huge

I'm not in the business, but I wasn't aware that was the case - and a google doesn't seem to contradict that. EH prefer more solid surfaces, but with an epoxy grout, I think tiles are permitted even in areas which will come into contact with food - for floors and walls even the epoxy isn't required. All AFAIK.

Reply to
boltmail

Me neither, and it was just something I heard on one of those "Their cockroaches in your kebab" programmes.

Reply to
Huge

I've not used that particular product, but I have used several others from the same company such as Kerakoll adhesive. Kerakoll is one of the biggest Italian manufacturers of adhesives and grouts. In my opinion their products are better than Bal and also cheaper.

FWIW, the version of the epoxy grout that I would expect to use for food/pharmaceutical hygiene is Fugabella Expoxy HP. I'm not sure if that's available in the UK.

It's a three component expoxy grout, it needs to cure for four days before use. It's absolutely excellent.

Reply to
Steve Firth