Kenwood Chef query

Hi

The nylon drive dog that the toothed belt from the gearbox spins and which slots into liquidiser etc on my Kenwood A901 Chef has sheared. I have an old Chef that I can cannibalise but can't see how to remove the drive dog - is it just a push-on fit or on a threaded shaft or what ? thanks

david

Reply to
David

Can't help I'm afraid David. However I have one purchased in the late

50's, it is still going strong, though I had to get a gear made and replaced that.
Reply to
Moonraker

Go online. LOADS of info as I discovered when I fixed ours..and spares, too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

- have already looked online, but can't find anything specific

Reply to
David

Just to answer my own question myself, and in case helpful for the archives etc, this 'dog' is known in Kenwoodese as 'the small pulley' that's a push fit on the armature shaft, and secured by 'the tension pin'

Need to drop the motor from below (having undone the top screws) before you can expose the tension pin and drift it out.

Got the correct descriptor from Kenwood spares website after phoning them, so they got the order for a new pulley (around =A38.50 delivered).

Pity that no-one one here could help, but perhaps it's not a common part to fail (but I use the liquidiser and grinder a very great deal, and must have been giving this pulley some stick).

Reply to
David