Keeping a tumble dryer in my bathroom -- safely. (Is it really a fire risk?)

I live in student flats in central London where space is quite restricted.

I have a rather large bedroom.

My tumble dryer is a compact model made by Zanussi (it's this model:

's extremely small. (It's really really tiny). I only use it once a week (so I can unplug it when it's not in use)

Would it be safe to keep it in the bathroom? Are there any waterproof covers that I can buy (From homebase/B&Q

Also, it would be nice to have the covering conceal what it actually is (so people don't know it's a dryer without lifting the sheets up)

Reply to
bob.sinclair

depends what zone its in. In zone 3 it would be ok. If space is short, why not sell it and get a dehumidifier

meow2222

model:

)

In germany many people have their washing machines in the bathroom. There was one in mine and there never was any problem.

I have no idea why you think it might be a fire risk.

Reply to
adder1969

On 8 Mar 2007 00:47:43 -0800 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@inbox.com wrote this:-

Keep it or use it?

It would be permitted to install it there, provided it is in zone 3, or outside the zones, fed from a switched fused connection unit also in zone 3 or outside the zones and a few other things. Is the bathroom that large?

Possibly. Or you could make one/make a box.

Alternatively, why burn electricity to dry clothes? Why not use a clothes airer? These range from floor standing models to ones that go into the ceiling such as

with a tumble drier you will need to deal with the moist air.

Reply to
David Hansen

On 8 Mar 2007 02:09:42 -0800 someone who may be "adder1969" wrote this:-

Different cultural norms. In the UK electricity in the bathroom is seen as dangerous, elsewhere clothes washing chemicals and dirty clothes in the kitchen is seen as dangerous.

Reply to
David Hansen