Karcher pressure washer dead

I have a Karcher pressure washer I bought from B&Q approx. 18 months ag

for about £80 quid. I've only used it 4 or 5 times & it was fine, bu now it is just dead. When I plug it in & turn the dial to "1" nothin happens. I've checked the fuse in the moulded plug. Short of jus chucking it away & buying a replacement cheapo one, is there anythin likely to be wrong that is diy fixable? If anyone has split one befor to see what is inside, is there anything likely to have becom damaged/loose that could cause this? Thanks

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter

Why not take it back to B&Q? OK in theory you only get a 12 month guarantee but "a resonable person" would expect a PW to last longer than 18 months with little use. Bear in mind that "Karcher" PW'rs from B&Q are exclusive to B&Q so are pretty much own brand.

It wasn't left in an un heated garage or shed and get frozen over the winter did it?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hi Pufter

This may sound daft, but its very common. Is the pressure hose & gun still connected since you last used it? If so, pull the trigger & try again.

These machine use a pressure switch to turn the motor on & off. If there is any pressure trapped in the hose the motor won't start no matter what you do with the switch.

If the above didn't work, it's probably the pressure switch is stuck. Get the cover off (they often use Torq screws) and you should find it. It will have wires connecting it to the switch, sometimes via a relay. The pressure switch may be stuck due to dirt or even water that's dried out inside.

If you know the model number that may help.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Hi,

Could be a stuck/duff pressure switch. ISTR someone saying after use the water pressure in the hose/gun should be released.

A local dealer might be able to check/replace for not too much £££. To get one apart it would need some long screwdrivers or bits.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C