Karcher K235 pencil jet?

I just bought a Karcher K235 pressure washer to replace a Champion pressure washer I bought from Homebase but returned cause the detergent bottle didn't fix on the lance properly. With the Champion lance on max pressure I got a tight pencil jet, but with the Karcher on its maximum power I get a fan jet which although is very powerful it's not as tight as the pencil spray on the Champion (mind you, it cleaned the slabs beautifully). Also when I lower the pressure to the bottom I get a very weak spray but it has lots of water coming out, rather like a powerful watering can. Is this normal for a Karcher or should I get tight pencil spray when its on maximum pressure? It seems to me that with the Champion the spray pressure was controlled by closing two shutters down on the spray exiting the lance, but the Karcher seems to work differently so perhaps it's not possible to get a pencil with this lance (I got the dirt buster as well by the way).

Cheers,

ken

Reply to
Kooky45