Karcher Dirt Blaster Nozzle

I am thinking of getting one of these,

the rotating pencil jet jobbie. Are they any more efficient at patio cleaning than the standard fan/pencil jet ones that come with the washers as standard?

TIA

John

Reply to
John

I got one of these with my pressure washer when I bought it and never use it. When you use it the vibration through your hand is pretty strong and after 10 mins use your hand is still shaking for another 5 mins. I use the adjustable spray head lance that came with the washer and it cleans the patio fine without shaking you to bits.

John

Reply to
John M

Yes, they are excellent and will remove grime etc. that the ordinary ones won't touch.

Be careful though, because at close range they will strip paint etc.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes. It did a good job on our patios, brought them up like new. Bit messy. I think they do a shield for them to reduce the amount of crud thrown about.

Grossly overpriced of course

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

"John" wrote in news:cahspo$7d0$1 @sparta.btinternet.com:

I got a similar thing for my old but still good Clarke washer, and it transformed it,

Conservatively.... about 3 times as good, I only use the old nozzle as a water broom now

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Yes, they are extremely effective, but watch you don't blast out all the pointing/grouting (or whatever the correct term is) at the same time! It sounds like an angry bee when you catch sharply defined edges.

You need to take it slowly, because if you sweep the lance too quickly you will leave a sort of circular swirly pattern behind.

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

After the advice here, I think I'll buy one, but why are Karcher accessories so expensive, and the Draper even more so. Surely some enterprising manufacturer could offer cheaper equivalents - after all, it's just a high pressure hose with a couple of simple fittings. I have a Karcher drain cleaner hose attachment, also very expensive (about £45 as I remember), although it did pay for itself by unblocking a drain along half the length of a drive. It was actually next door's drive, where the communal soil drain runs, although I didn't charge for this! It's unbelievable how it pulls itself into the drain with the back spraying jets - literally 'like a rat up a drain'. In fact, if I invested in a longer version, I reckon I could make a good living unblocking drains at £40 a time. Then again. I'm not sure I could stand the smell.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

42 quid?! Strewth, too right... I think my Kaercher cost about 80 quid all in when I bought it from B&Q, and the set I got included the twirly attachment. Almost worth buying a whole new kit just for this attachment!

Others have commented on how they can take the paint off if you're not careful: actually I used ours to blast the old flaking paint off the external walls of our house before repainting - worked a treat. (shame about the huge anount of white residue which still remains all over the garden, 12 months later!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I use this nozzele more than the standard one... I just can't believe the price for it alone.

I bought my washer complete with this attachment when B&Q had an offer on and I'm sure that it was only £50 for the lot, which was the only reason that I bought it. Now it appears an even better bargain than I first thought

cheers

David

Reply to
David

Saw this question and thought of my own problem. I just broke another Karcher gun at the weekend. I'm not sure why! - there was a kink in the supply hose when I turned it on. I turned it off immediately, but once it was turned on again water started pouring from the yellow trigger of the gun handle. The last time this happened I had to purchase a new gun, but it is pricey as the high pressure hose is included in the package.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Thanks, Derek.

Reply to
Derek

Saw this question and thought of my own problem. I just broke another

------------ Had the exact same problem with mine and called Karcher who told me that their is a known fault with the gun in that they are prone to the internal connections splitting. I was sent a new gun f.o.c. within 7 days of phoning even though my pressure washer is 18 months old.

John

Reply to
John M

Had this happen to mine as well - all was well when I turned it off, but when I went to use it again, water poured from the handle. Got it swapped out for another gun (not new as rep didnt have any available at that time) & same thing happened again. Then got a new replacement & it has been fine for about 9 months now. The only thing I can think of that may have contributed to it, is that some members of our family may not have been 'releasing' the pressure after the washer is turned off (press the trigger once it has been disconnected). This might have helped bust the seals. In saying that, the rep replaced it no probs.. like it happened regularly with some guns..

John

Reply to
John McAuley

Hi In case you're still after this, I notice there's one going on ebay for 7.50 quid 'buy-it-now' (no it's not mine!!) Item number

4308966990

hth David

Reply to
Lobster