Just managed to upset another customer

The local corner shop owner just called me to get the lights working in his shop.

The problem was a faulty light switch. The only snag was that there was a load of shelving (full off his cat food stock) in the way of the left hand screw for the lightswitch.

No problem just drill a hole large enough for the screwdriver to fit through (8mm).

There is no pleasing some people.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

What, through the tins of catfood? You don't piss about, do you!

Any parting words?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just through the shelf.

No. I like the bloke.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Colleague brought a new water main through to a kitchen.

The core drill the hire shop suggested to go through the floor was essentially a bolt down "bank job unit" and would not fit under the worktop. His mother would not permit removal of the cemented in worktop, the tiles, or kitchen units.

So he brought the water main up in front of the foundations in one of the special insulated boxes. Then core stitch drilled through the solid wall outside until he met the rising water main inside. Scraping out the render around the pipe he cut the copper pipe with a hacksaw blade, cleaned up the pipe end with a band of emery paper, pushed on a yorkshire tectite elbow and connected up the new water main from the box, armaflexing the pipe and sealing the special box to the wall.

Walked in, pronounced "done". Now if only he can do the same to an ATM...

I think he was a puff for not trying a proper solder joint... :-) Does prove there are occasionally very weird applications for expensive push-fit copper plumbing fittings.

Reply to
js.b1

You should have just told him to employ a lot of Germans and the lights should be OK.

Many Hans make light work as we all know.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can you point me to any information about said "special insulated boxes"? M= y kitchen plans involve moving the rising main, and I could do without need= ing to go through foundations....

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster