Junction between tiles and carpet..

We now have tiles in the bathroom, carpet on the landing and a not too impressive transition between both. I guess I need to find a wooden strip to screw down over the carpet and provide a raised lip to protect the tiled edge. Any specific ideas about the best solution for this?

If not I'll take a trip to one of the sheds and see what I can see - it might just be a bit of wood that I need to cut and stain.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Can't you use a brass (effect) or aluminium dual edging trim? They've a cross-section like this:

__ __ '---' ________|________

You twist off half the bottom edge, then that half goes over your tiles, the other half fastens to the floor and edges off your carpet.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Alternatively, you buy the correct one to go between carpet and tiles.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

You can, but for some reason they were dearer when I looked. No dis., but B&Q sell rather flimsy trims compared to some I bought from a carpet wholesaler.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

| We now have tiles in the bathroom, carpet on the landing and a not too | impressive transition between both. I guess I need to find a wooden = strip to | screw down over the carpet and provide a raised lip to protect the = tiled | edge. Any specific ideas about the best solution for this? |=20 | If not I'll take a trip to one of the sheds and see what I can see - it | might just be a bit of wood that I need to cut and stain.

You can get many designs of aluminium edging from the Sheds. Aluminium is IMO better than wood as it takes the hammer better.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with

they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

No worries, my usenet identity does not imply any particular affinity to said shed so you can dis them all you like. It was just an amusing (to me anyway) play on the Man at C&A adverts of the 70s/80s (if you're old enough to remember!). I will admit to shopping at C&A when they used to sell shirts with 1" longer sleeves. Ideal for the long streak of, er, taller man, like myself.

Andrew

Reply to
manatbandq

In article , Paul Andrews writes

The ones intended for laminate flooring might suit your needs, they seem to at least look like wood & I've seen different profiles for carpet to lam, lino to lam etc, IMO the 'wood' looks better than the metal ones.

Reply to
fred

Thanks for all the suggestions - I've bought something from the sheds that'll do quite nicely.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews