Jubilee clips

Cretin ! :~(

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , ":::Jerry::::" writes

They'll be selling Prince Albert Jubilee Clips next

ouch

Reply to
raden

In message , Owain writes

Chocolate oranges, of course

Reply to
raden

Special narrow ones I hope - standard ones would be very uncomfortable in a Prince Albert...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Beat you...by hours! :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yeah well, I've just logged on

next time ...

Reply to
raden

In article , ":::Jerry::::" writes

Kill file that way ------------->

Reply to
zaax

1977? They were called Jubilee for decades before that.
Reply to
IMM

No they're not. A Jubilee clip is a *worm drive* hose clip. Hose clips may have a simple nut and screw fixing with a much more limited range of diameters that it will fit.

One other advantage of worm drive clips is that they can be piggy backed together to make up longer ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Errrr, yes they are.

Reply to
PJ

I happen to know the answer to this. Mr Terry (don't know his first name) invented the terry clip during WW2. He did OK from it. Not millions but OK. He died some years ago. I knew his son, Cederic Terry who lived near Manchester.

So yes, the Terry Clip was named after Mr Terry.

Reply to
PJ

What sort of mobile phone did you have in 1977?

Smudger

Reply to
Smudger

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:14:55 +0100, "Smudger" strung together this:

Probably something made out of teak effect vinyl and porcelain, and needed to be dragged along with a Commer van!

Reply to
Lurch

Hang on - remember those adverts is Exchange and Mart for "Walkie Talkies"? The size of a phone box, a range of 500mm - but "you cannot use them in the UK" :-)

Reply to
mike

That sounds like a load of bollo...

The terry clip was surely a product of Herbert Terry & Sons Ltd. - the very well known Redditch springs and pressings manufacturer founded in 1855: .

Terry's are also famous for having manufactured the original Anglepoise lamp, which dates back to 1932:

They're still going as Terry of Redditch Ltd.:

.

The Jubilee clip has different origins - to quote from

- "The 'Jubilee' worm drive hose clip was conceived by Commander Lumley Robinson (pictured right), the founder of L Robinson and Company, in 1921."

Reply to
Andy Wade

Sorry, faulty memory, the real date is 1981, British Telecom System 4.

about 1/3 of the way down.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I had a mobile phone is my car in 1978. Lancashire Radio. More of an PMR system than a phone and it was simplex only. I can also remember a guy I knew had one years before me. perhaps 74ish.

Reply to
PJ

that the director areas started as far back as 1922.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Thats google for you. B-)

+"british telcom" +"system 4" found that page. It said what I wanted about system 4, didn't look any further.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Can you remember what the costs were?

Reply to