Joist sizes

I find in the rare situations when I hit this sort of problem, a thesaurus can help. Although I've taken to entering the word in google - quite often the 'did you mean' entry will be the right one.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Its scarily realistic.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yup, google is probably quick way... I normally fire up Word or something and get that to suggest something. The best electronic dictionary I have used, was Proximity Technology's Linguibase - they used to licenses it to a number of word pro vendors. That seemed to have an almost supernatural ability to predict what I meant even if what I typed bore no resemblance to it.

Reply to
John Rumm

I can see it now

The marketing by SOFASA "Sofar! Sofast! So good!", don't trust anyone else with your living room.

The marketing in the shops (SOFASA registered) "Part R compliant sofa's (sic), huge range, huge discounts."

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The easy other way to vastly improve safety, as well as open up a enormous housing resource for key workers would be to simply mandate a ceiling height of 1100mm.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

OMIGAWD - the Organic Moss Industry Growers and Waterers Directorate - would be pleased to announce an easy way of retro-converting your house to the new specification.

Simply take home one roll of Organic Moss Carpet, lay it on the floor, and water it. Within one week it will have expanded to a resilient mass that has raised your floor level by the amount required to reduce the room height.

Owain

Reply to
Owain