Joining waste pipes

Is it Ok to join the waste pipes from bath and separate shower together befoire they join the soil pipe, if so do I need a non return valve at all? What are the problems?

To get both into the soil pipe separately I will have to put in a 180 deg bend because of all the other fittings.

Richard

Reply to
richard

Yes, that's fine. Assuming you have adequate fall on both waste pipes, there's no need for non-return valves or anythig like that.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Second that...

Also try and get a "swept" Tee for the extra connection to the pipe in the middle - along with a slight fall on the pipe run that ought to ensure there is no danger of your bath water popping up in the shower!

Reply to
John Rumm