Joining ventilation components

I've got some rigid 5" round ducting for an extractor fan, and a grille to connect to outside. These two are a quite loose fit. Can't remember which fits outside which, but what is the usual method to join these ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

|!I've got some rigid 5" round ducting for an extractor fan, and a |!grille to connect to outside. These two are a quite loose fit. Can't |!remember which fits outside which, but what is the usual method to |!join these ?

Cut a slot in one with a hacksaw, then persuade it and seal with Gaffer tape.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Duct tape!

Reply to
Huge

Well then I guess wrap some duct tape around the inner side of the fitting to make a tight fit, push in and some more tape. But the joint at one end will be inside the wall. I guess some self- tappers through both parts would do. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

sm_jamieson brought next idea :

Er, duct tape?