Joining snapped nylon moulding

Is it possible? I need to repair the nylon sliding bolt from a tumble dryer door latch. It has snapped due to bending stress, so a repair must be strong.

Sounds very unlikely; can't you just contact the manufacturer for a replacement? David
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 08:47:55 +0000, Lobster wrote:

This is even more difficult than mending it as the manufacturer has confirmed that it's unobtainable.
Rgds
Eric Lee
Eric Lee wrote:

Ah. Then you are up shit creek without a paddle...
Possibilities that come to mind are
(i) trying to find one in a breakers or skip yard. (ii) making a whole new bit by carving from the solid. (iii) The ONLY technique that MAY work is to drill the broken bits and use a metal jointing screw,
However, on balance, I'd just buy a new drier.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I suspect that the replacement doesn't necessarily have to be made out of nylon. Can you make a new one out of a piece of brass or aluminium, using the broken one as a pattern?
--
Cheers,
Set Square
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:50:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

self-tappers.
Eric Lee
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:06:57 +0000, Eric Lee

Discard it and get a new nylon bolt from the manufacturer.
PoP
Eric Lee wrote:

Frankly, no. I have never found a glue that made any sot of decent bond to nylon.