Joining lead water pipe underground

I have to remove a lead dead leg of water pipe underground. When I have cut out the T joint, what is the best way to join the two lead sections, considering they will be buried underground ? This pipe run will be used for up to a year before being bypassed by new plastic. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

TMC

the dead branch near the T joint and blank it off with a lead to copper fitting and a push-fit end stop?

Reply to
Roger Mills

No because it's still classed as a dead leg, even if it's only an inch long

Reply to
Phil L

A leadloc....there are several diferent types and they go on inner and outer diameter of pipe.

Reply to
Phil L

The issue then is getting the internal measurements whilst maintaining your water supply. Dunno how much the lead-loc fittings are, but I might get a few sizes so I know one fits, then try and return the unused ones afterwards. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

There are not that many sizes, and the OD should give a good clue as to which one it is.

Reply to
Roger Mills