Jobsworths.

In message , Dave writes

According to my wife's father, Moslems can drink as long as they don't get drunk

There you go, you can twist religion to say whatever you want

London Pride, one of the best beers available when at it's best (in my NSHO)

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mary Fisher" saying something like:

There's nothing illegal about growing tobacco. There are suppliers of tobacco seeds on t'interweb and it's been going on for generations in the UK and Ireland, especially in wartime.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave saying something like:

I saw that and was slightly disappointed by the absence of Neil Armstrong, but he is notoriously interview-shy these days and hardly surprising, at that. I would have thought he'd make an exception for that programme as it's likely to be the last one to get all of them together.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

Are you Drivel? Just noticed, every time you pop up, Drivel's not around and vice versa. He also has the same bull-headed opinions about everything and anything that he got from something he read last week. And he's also a f****it.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

Maybe in the town in which you live, but I've seen plenty of bingo parties seeming to be having a fair old time to themselves. Mind you, the people I'm talking about know how to enjoy themselves. Funnily enough I've also known teetotal, non-smoking, law-abiding people to have a good time at bingo too. Maybe you should try it sometime.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The religion doesn't say they can't drink, just not wine. Muslims have been brewing and drinking beer for hundreds of years.

Reply to
dennis

I've grown it, nice flowers and it makes an insecticide too.

Reply to
dennis

Its as boring as hell, as are you.

Reply to
dennis

OMG!!!!!

Don't you realise that stuff will kill a fluffy bunny at 200 yards?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I used to like Gale's Ales when I worked in that area. I went into a pub in Midhurst and had a similar experience. It's very good when on, but off is horrible.

That's never on! definitely /always/ horrible.

I hear that Gales in no more, having been taken over by a mediocre 'brewer'.

Reply to
<me9

Being a northerner I shouldn't like southern beers. but some I do. Good beers are temperamental, if at their best are excellent. if not can be disgusting. Poor beers are often consistent(ly bad.)

I've come to the conclusion that good beer doesn't travel well. The local preferred brew is often (unless from one of the big 'chemical factory' brewers) excellent.

Reply to
<me9

CO2 is a breathing stimulant, and can cause you to pass out painfully rather than suffocate. If exposed to excess (CO2 extinguishers going off) it is best to hold your breath whilst getting out of it quickly. If you try to breath it the spasms will stop you getting out.

Reply to
<me9

You used to drink enough of it! Perhaps you've learnt your lesson.

Reply to
<me9

I've done that for some time, more related to good bottled beer from the supermarkets than the smoking ban. Prolly did it more before the smoking ban.

Reply to
<me9

According to the prog it was illegal here once - IIRC to protect the income of the colonies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed - it can be excellent.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I made that mistake once, but never again. Forgive me for it. I won't recall the tale about my local real ale pub landlord cleaning og the gas pumped beers and my reactions to them, when he drew them back up to the bar again.

Yes, I understand that as well. The caravan park put on another real ale that was quite nice. Fullers ***** at about 3.3 %.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

All beers travel well, it is down to the cellerman to bring them up to a condition to be served at the bar. At my local (mid Lancashire) the landlord has brought beers up from Butcombe and a bit North from there and they have been excellent. One of the best selling beers came on the bar late last night (it must have been late, as it was still there the next day). JHB Jeffrey Hudson Bitter. Last time it was put on, it ran out after 2 hours and it was an 18 gallon barrel.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sounds about the right strength for a session. Most seem more the strength to get smashed before you can taste them these days.

Reply to
<me9

In message , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

yes - strength over taste