JESUS

Not acceptable to who? I don't have a problem with it. Who made you the

> judge & jury on what is acceptable or not? > > -- > Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk > 01634 717930 > 07850 597257

Dave,

Who said anything about me being judge and jury...? I'm talking about blashpemous remarks about Jesus, which you may be surprised to know happens to be offensive to Christians. I don't consider the comments made acceptable and so reported them. The reporting mechanism is there to act as "judge and jury" in this instance not me. In posting a reply I am merely being transparent wrt what I have done and expressed my feelings on the content of his post. I've got nothing against free speech and lively debate, but Geoff crossed a line as far as I'm concerned.

Now, lets get back to DIY eh?

Reply to
mjholmes.mail

In message , snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com writes

Who was that then ...?

there is no real proof of the existence of your man on a stick, and let's assume that he existed, he wasn't the messiah - he didn't fulfil the prophesies, he certainly wasn't the composite person portrayed by Paul, you have a cosy little view which is certainly wrong.

I really can't be arsed to go on about it at this time of night

xtianity in it's lies is offensive to me

I bet you're going to celebrate the little fluffy jeezis in a manger with your kids and propogate the lie

With you? I don't think so

you have overstepped the bounds

Reply to
geoff

Geoff,

There is more documentary evidence for the existence of Jesus than most other historical characters who's existence we never question.

And it's you that has overstepped the mark I'm afraid buddy not me.

Reply to
mjholmes.mail

So spam from Muslims to a DIY group is not offensive to Christians? And any religious spam isn't offensive to atheists?

Since only 6:3% of the population actually go to church, and nearly 30% of those are coffin dodgers you appear to be part of a minority group - which doesn't give you the moral highground.

Personally I find all religion offensive - perhaps I should report you?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com writes

There is no definitive incontravertable evidence. Believe me, I'm not unknowledgeable in these matters

Now take your man on a stick and f*ck off

and I mean that in all sincerity

Reply to
geoff

Surprised? I'm flabbergasted.

For a grouping whose member churches have perpetrated some of the vilest acts in human history - including the crusades, virile misogyny, endemic child-abuse and support for the holocaust - I thought they'd be fairly unshockable.

That's correct. I believe the correct name for your position is "stool pigeon".

"...unless it's too free or too lively, in which case I'll do what I can to put a stop to it."

Your posting history shows a total of four posts, all have which have been about Jesus. If you know a lot about DIY, might I respectfully suggest you're being very unchristian in sharing that knowledge with the rest of us?

Reply to
mikengac

Well Christians of that ilk are offensive to me. So where does that leave us?

Hopefully in a free country where people who can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

If you want a hardline Christian theocracy try Utah, not Neasden.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You forgot "hypocrite" and "liar".

Reply to
Huge

Please explain why you feel you have the right not to be offended. I'm offended by all kinds of things. Mostly I just get on with life.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Oh dear, the old, unoriginal accusations ... as if no atheists had ever done such things ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'll remember you when we're celebrating Christmas and you're getting on with being a handyman with no respite. Shame to miss out on such a holiday.

If you have/had children I bet they felt a bit left out at such times, no Father Christmas, no Easter egg ... or perhaps you found some other justification to indulge them.

People who claim to find all religion offensive usually do.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There doesn't have to be anything religious about Christmas ...

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

What would the ireligious celebrate?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

What do you think the non-religious celebrate? Home, family, the end of the year, the time when in the depth of winter the days start getting longer again - all the things that have been celebrated at this time of year since before Jesus was a gleam in his father's eye. Christians didn't invent Christmas. you know - they just gave it its current name and religious gloss.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Not at all. Its become a panoply of ghastliness, from whining carol singers to sheer greed and profit in the shops. I try as much as possible to miss out on it.

Manage to avoid sprogs more by accident than design..

If I had any it would be a simple celebration of the winter solstice, with lots of food and presents, and not a single bit of godliness around apart from what leaked in from outside.

I'd tell them that long before 'baby jesus' when man first wandered up behind th retreating glaciers, this was the time when the world was darkest..darker for longer than they had ever seen before, and it was COLD. So they lit big fires, and ate what was left of the summer harvest, and put bits of evergreen around to remind themselves that usually spring did come.

Do what? find all religion offensive?

I suppose I do at that.

Apart from the esoteric realms that are never even talked about outside a few dim and dusty tomes..and bear so little resemblance to 'popular religion as to make the latter pretty much a joke.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Two days off with endless Bond movies to watch?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its YULE tide.

Its the winter solstice.

Rub on yer witches ointment and dance with the beasts..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is the mark of the truly religious... (Also, I think you mis- spelled impotent).

Of course not. If you have your god on your side, what more justification do you need?

Hence: "the crusades, virile misogyny, endemic child-abuse and support for the holocaust"...

Cheers - Adam...

Reply to
Adam-the-Kiwi

That would be an option, certainly ;-)

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I thought they were mormons in Utah, not christians.

Reply to
<me9