JCB power tools ?

Just out of interest.. Does anybody know who actually makes the JCB range of stuff..? I assume JCB themselves have not, in the space of a year designed everything from scratch.. One minute they make diggers, next we have everything from shoes to vacuum cleaners to drills to hand-tools etc..

I bought one of their cordless screwdrivers and it's crap, battery just doesn't hold charge, lucky it's got a spindle lock thing as it's as good as a manual screwdriver most times..

Reply to
Bob Dung

I have a JCB pressure washer. i am not impressed. the flow rate throughit is so poor i get better results with a hose! despite its 140bar output.

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Take it back.

Reply to
IMM

Agree. I have one of their 1/2 sheet sanders - absolutely appalling even given the price. If I ever want a digger it will be an Hitachi !

Reply to
Mike

Let me guess, to buy three more?

Reply to
John Rumm

JCB are trying to get a premium with their name on stuff you can buy cheaper through Challenge, Power Devil etc. Mostly Chinese made.

As for the cordless screwdriver, was it one of those low voltage straight jobbies? They're okay for removing screws out of an electrical socket but nothing more. I had a Bosch one and also just ended up using it as a manual screwdriver most of the time.

Reply to
StealthUK

You would three of them? Duh!

Reply to
IMM

It is indeed a straight 4.8v thing.. Oh and it has a little torch built in for some reason that i obviously missed..It's a single white LED which is sooo dim that it would need to be almost touching the thing it's meant to illuminate..!?

Anyway, i got what i paid for i guess, the 100 and something screwdriver bits that came "free" with it, got so many they are disposable now..!

./Bob

Reply to
Bob Dung