JCB Cordless Staple Gun

Hi

Bought one of these the other day on offer. Some cheapies are OK, this one isn't, so it's going back.

Comes with 2 x 3.6 volt Ni Cads, charge time 3-5 hours.

First off, charger light didn't go out to indicate charged, despite batteries showing 4 volts.

Secondly, claims it can fire a 10mm brad - not if you want it flush with the surface it won't, the 12mm staples are even worse.

One to avoid chaps IMO.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Seconded, I have a air powered JCB nailer. The nails constantly jam due to poor manufacture quality of the components.

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

I think most of the JCB stuff is like that - I'm not averse to cheap tools, but I will only stoop so far :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Just a thought - how often do you lubricate it? I never realised how much they needed. I oil my Ferm one every time I use it - it jammed a lot before, now it never does.

Worth a try?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Oiled it plenty, the problem was the route the nails (brads?) took into the hammering area. the part is so poorly machined the nails always jammed. I have tried moding it with a dremel but not having much luck. i will end up buying a decent one!

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

An air setup is a better investment because of the limited types of electic nailer.

Good quality nailers and staplers can be obtained for about £100 and don't need a high capacity compressor.

Lubrication in one way or another (few drops in the air port each session or a mister) is essential but won't cover poor machining or damage to the hammer etc.

Reply to
Andy Hall