Its Lidl again :-)

dennis

Reply to
Andy Hall

You think? they either were or were not.

Reply to
George

Them, There ->

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wasn't looking for a safety pack so I noticed them in passing.

Now if you want something cheap and probably useful Sainsbury's have a little tool kit for £4.99 which I bought. Not as good as the free 7m5 tape from tool station though ( I can't see the built in laser as being useful as there is no easy way to adjust it).

Reply to
dennis

So you dont know whether they were cheaper Dennis,huh why say you think they were in the first place.

ps I dont have a sainsburys by me thats within walking distance.

Reply to
George

because there was a 1.99 price tag under them but that doesn't mean they were 1.99.

Reply to
dennis

on 21st), & if so, what js your opinion of them ?.

TIA, woodglass....

Reply to
woodglass

I would be wary.. they may use a switched mode converter to get uniform power over the life of the battery. If they do they may strobe and that would be bad around machinery just as the fluorescent ones can be. I will pop in and have a look though.

Reply to
dennis

How else would you expect them to do it?

Why? Do the sums here. Consider the frequency you're dealing with.

You mean the old iron-cored ballast, 50Hz, everything running on one phase tubes? That's like saying them electric motors are bad because you used to have steam lineshafting instead and you worried about boiler explosions.

Well I'm sure that makes everyone feel a lot safer.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Not impressed (Sealey). They're built out of lots of quite-bright point sources. You get all the disadvantages (bulk) of a fluorescent, with the disadvantages of LED torches (extreme brightness in spots).

IMHO you're better off with either an LED torch (Lidl's Osrams are excellent, and the price is brilliant), especially one that's a tiny LED head on a long bendy wire. Otherwise if you really need a long diffuse light, use a real fluorescent tube.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

We can't imagiine what we did before we had one of those!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Fill in your postcode, then try the tinyurl again?

[Worked for me]
Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Click here to play our Spread the Love game.....

Hmm.... thought that was yesterday.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A postcode collector?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Tim Decker

had one, I bought it from that shop in the Cuxton Rad where your Grant used to work. Bloody impossible to ride, a real threat to the wedding tackle.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

woodglass used his keyboard to write :

I have one similar, but not the same....

I find it to be pretty good - runs a long time on its built in battery, no wires to trip over, a good amount of light and its charging system

240v or 12v (or my version at least) is automatic so no risk of over charging. I paid about the same, £10 - but bought mine at a garage. Many of the breakdown guys carry one.
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Reply to
Andy Hall