It was only a bleedin' shower.

Well, it may have been pretty crap and didn't drain properly, but it certainly didn't give up without a fight.

Converting a now ex bathroom into a bedroom for youngest child. Took out old shower enclosure, which was built into a large cupboard. Rather than studwork, it was constructed out of Thermalite blocks, which was certainly solid.

3m^3 of rubble to demolish and move was rather more effort than I felt should have been required
Reply to
Chris French

Maybe an ex Nuclear bunker installer put it in? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I demoshed a wall in my house shortly after moving in. The plans clearly show it was a stud wall, but the large pile of Thermalite blocks which resulted, and no timber whatsoever, would suggest otherwise.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel