It's usually obvious...

The site I quoted just tells you how many to consume for your desired loss/rate. I need to drop 1000 calories/day (7000/week) to lose 2lb.

This is in the same ball park; the actual figures depend on how active you are, and your current weight (as you burn more when heavy!)

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Thursday 23 January 2014 20:13 Bob Eager wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Thanks Bob!

Reply to
Tim Watts

You may find this spreadsheet helpful:-

It's based on work done by NASA and other published sources. Please don't ask for source details, as I no longer have them. I knocked the sheet up a few years ago to help me in controlling my diabetes.

Incidentally, 300 calories per ounce of body weight change is slightly high, the fat you are either using or making contains 3000 calories per pound, roughly.

Reply to
John Williamson