It's an ill wind....

Trade discounts don't really exist as such anymore. It may be the case with people like Howdens, Magnet & Travis Perkins - but I don't buy a lot of the stuff they sell.

More a case of knowing where to get what at the best price.

What would that be then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sorry, didn't understand that :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Probably not:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

One place that I *have* found are quite generous with the discounts even for one-off cash sales, is CEF.

I rarely bother T&P, they have a clearance warehouse next to the TS here, must pop my head in to see what they have, but in general, if somewhere doesn't publish prices, let alone discounts, I'm not going to risk going in ... I did notice we had reply from one of their branch managers a week or two ago, wonder if he's still lurking?

Reply to
Andy Burns