It's an ill wind....

Five calls so far for replacing blown down fence panels.

Next thing will be the BM & sheds running out of then.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Ah yes, strangely mine survived this time, not my turn. However many people seem to have had brand new fences break. the posts tend to go near ground level. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I thought you were booked up months ahead :-)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Weeks generally. People won't wait months, they go elsewhere.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its generally the neighbours that call the shots.

Are you going to fix that, broke my lovely Rose bush when it came down, I've had that since Pussy was a kitten it was her favourite place to hide.

etc.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The Medway Handyman scribbled...

I wonder how many storms it will take for people to give up on fences and return to privet and/or pig wire.

Reply to
Artic

My feather edged fence is still up after 30 years, I do need to fit a concrete spur to one post that has rotted through. Even it survived the winds because I screwed some reinforcement to an adjacent post when I spotted the fence moving xmas eve.

Reply to
dennis

ARW scribbled...

Reply to
Artic

And there is paying good money to be told it will be windproof.

Reply to
ARW

Look at the soil! Like Mars Bars in Scotland, it's friable.

Reply to
PeterC

In article , Artic

Posts driven a foot into peat wouldn't hold anything.

The outer herbiedies don't half get some winds though, nothing between them and the atlantic and no trees to break the wind.

Reply to
fred

One of the problems with open type fences and growing ones is that if the neighbours have dogs, and they see a cat on the other side, lots of barking and attempts to get through ensue, not just once but every time. They say dogs are intelligent, they may well be but their reaction to things seems to be pretty predictable as well, and repetitive! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

The dog may be trying to attract your attention as *gang leader* as much as actually doing something himself.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That fits much better with our hounds psyhcology.

Top Dog here will whine or wag tail and look to attract attention to Cat who has soled the floor for example.

Small Dog will chase deer yapping fewociously to indicate that if we would just once follow him with a proper spear, he's got one isolated suitable for many lunches.

Sadly we haven't and we dont.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pretty rubbish fence. That looks no stronger than what I have in North Beds., never mind the Isle of Lewis.

Reply to
Huge

Who are "they"? ie the ones that are making the claims that dogs are intelligent?

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Don't know but I am making a claim that a pig is more intelligent than a dog.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That's a tough call. I call my SiL both names.

Reply to
ARW

The mesh is totally unsuitable. Much too close and holes too small. What he has put up is a sail to catch the wind. Dick head.

Reply to
fred