IT OT - ad blockers and browsers

I'm in a lose/lose situation at the moment.

I was a long term user of Firefox but recently it has become unstable, and crashes running such things as Will It Rain Today.

So I switched to Chrome as my default browser.

However AdBlock Plus in Chrome isn't as effective as it is in Firefox - although I seem to have a Pop-up Addon in Firefox which I can't currently find for Chrome.

I have a simple test - Met Office 5 day weather forecast shows a banner ad under Chrome but not under Firefox.

So is there something which will bring Chrome up to the level of Firefox for ad blocking?

Is there something for IE?

Currently on Vista 32 bit.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Uninstall, remove the firefox directory, reinstall.

Reply to
Adrian

Ah ha.... So it's not just me then, Mine has recently become unstable on several machines...

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Does that definitely fix the Rain Today issue?

I have been a long sufferer of this and now just nip in, look, and dive out again.

Reply to
Bill

Not sure about Adblock Plus - I run

and that seems to work very well.

Together with the flashblock extension it makes browsing much nicer.

I see an ad with Adblock disabled, and nothing with the extension in place.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Thanks - will give that a go.

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I'm using one of the older versions of simple ad block in IE8, which seems to still be working. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes indeed, if your old version was before 16 ish at any rate. The new versions are pretty good. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Seems to work O.K. so far :-)

I previously thought that adblock plus was a more sophisticated application than adblock.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts