Isolation valve positions for Combi to avoind heat damage

I'm upgrading the plumbing prior to having a Combi installed. I'm going to put in a number of (full bore) isolation valves on both the DHW and heating circuits in order to make it easier to do additions/changes later, without having to drain down the whole system.

How near the boiler can the valves be? I know the last metre or so of pipework to the boiler should be in copper (not plastic); since the valves have a rubber (neoprene?) seal, is there a recommended minimum distance from the boiler to a valve?

Also, if the engineer wants to make a soldered joint, is there a minimum distance between the joint and the valve, to avoid heat damage to the valve during soldering?

Cheers

Reply to
Steve