Isolation valve not closing

Hi

We have a screwdriver-operated, quarter-turn isolation valve for the outside tap. It was turned off until I fitted the tap on the external screw fitting, so it worked two tears ago. Last year, I turned it off until the Spring and all was OK. This year, I turn it a quarter turn and there is no effect. Is it possible for an isolation valve to fail in this way? If so, is there any solution apart from tedious replacement?

Ta

David

Reply to
David

No repair option really - just replace with the lever type with a sheet metal handle NOT a cast one as they can break.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Yup - I've seen a cheap washing machine valve fail this way. Replace, and spend a few quid on a quality part.

Reply to
dom

Thanks guys. I'm mystified really - surely the Wickes fitter will have used a qual... er OK...

Ta

David

Reply to
David