Is this dribble?

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Have you not noticed that I mostly ignore you ?

you're a clueless f****it

Reply to
geoff

've only spent a few minutes looking at it, but it looks like the ultimate forum on these issues. It's so weird that you almost think its an elaborate bit of conceptual art - I fear it's not.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

There are a number of Yahoo groups on these matters: free energy, over-unity, etc. There are 1000s of people working all over the world on many types of devices. One day, maybe.....

Perpetual motion machines and "free energy" are not the same thing. A heat pump gives out 3 to 4 times more energy than it consumes. Is it Perpetual motion? Er, er, no. Is it a free energy device? No. A free energy device has no energy input. Is it over-unity? Er, no, it is moving heat. It is a semi free energy device though, as its input, electricity and heat is only partially free - the heat.

perpetual motion is the output fed back to the input and it keeps going. I recall the largest moving land machine in the world - German strip mining machine run on 36 electric motors. It strips the surface of the earth and takes in coal (energy) this goes down a flexible conveyor belt and to a local power station. The machine has a long flexible power lead from the grid which is fed from the local power station. A perpetual motion machine? Probably, as the output is fed back to the input to keep it running (although men have to operate it)

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is not a perpetual motion machine as the coal will run out (leaving aside any other efficiency questions). Chemical energy (in the coal, which comes before that as heat from the sun and before that from nuclear energy in the sun) is temporarily locked up in the coal and is converted to electrical energy. It would only be perpetual motion if the coal was being replaced and the sun never died. In reality it is just a machine which is using our supplies of concentrated energy (in the form of coal) and dissipating it out into space as waste heat not easily recoverable (increasing entropy) in the rather pointless task of digging up its own energy.

Perpetual motion machines have no other inputs (and don't exist).

The fact that the sun will run down and all life on earth will perish and the question of what happened at the start of the universe (and what will happen at the end) are all very interesting (and, in the case of the last two, not understood) but not really relevant to life on earth at present!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Thanks for demonstrating your lack of understanding of physics once more. That device runs on the energy produced by burning some of the coal it transports. Or perhaps you'd think a diesel tanker powered by perpetual motion too since it carries more fuel than it uses?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That sounds like a Priapus..allright ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Please eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The laugh is that everyone who reads the above will understand who the true idiot is, dribble.

Hint. A reasonable definition of perpetual motion is one that continues indefinitely without any source of external power. Or coal converted to electricity, as in your 'example'. I'd expect a 10 year old of reasonable intelligence to grasp this easily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)