Is this a fair price? Guttering

Looking to get the wooden fascis (the bit the guttering attaches to) replaced with plastic and new guttering and also a plastic above each window (currently wooden ply, 5 windows). The run for both sides of the house is approx 68 feet. I have been quoted £520 , is this a fair price (scotland) What attracted me to them was they are doing a house nearby and it looks ok also they dont use scaffolding (3 guys & ladders) which I thought would be less expensive.

Reply to
ss

I would say, very much so...

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, it cost me more to DIY AFAICR.

Is the quote for fully replacing the fascias or covering them with the 'L' shaped covering?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not sure if it was covering or replacement, also the 68 feet is a total ie 34 feet each side. If I go with him he will come back out and give a written detailed quote. he stated that with the amount he does he gets a 40% discount on the plastic and just passes it on to compete with the bigger boys. Does give written guarantee and ivoice and not paid til after work is done.

Reply to
ss

ss has brought this to us :

Very fair I would suggest, we were quoted around £850 two or three years ago.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That is very cheap. Does it include downpipes? Make sure they use stainless steel nails for the fascia and brass screws for the guttering/pipe brackets.

Reply to
harryagain

Yes when he `verbally` quoted he said with downpipes. I have phoned him back with a view to getting it done in the next couple of weeks so hopefully prices etc wont change.

Reply to
ss