Is there some sort of "make your own" headphone foam

I got a pair of Pro-Luxe NC2 Noise Cancelling Headphones from Maplin a couple of years ago. They're great! Except...somehow, somewhere, I lost a bit of foam. They look like this

foam is oval, 7x5.5cm or so. Can't find it anywhere. I've tried Maplins, the importers, even the makers (who don't send out spares). I've even looked on ebay to see if anyone was selling a broken pair. It seems a shame to junk a decent pair of headphones just because of this. Any idea

Reply to
Jonathan

The foam is oval, 7x5.5cm or so. Can't find it anywhere. I've tried

Buy similar cheapo headphones and use the foam from them?

Reply to
me

Collect snippets of visco-elastic (i.e Tempur) foam and make your own. Lovely stuff on headphones or ear defenders.

If you ask for a mattress catalogue, they'll send you a sample cube of the stuff. It's just about enough (sliced, diced and joined with Copydex) to make ear cushions.

Otherwise go to a good safety equipment shop. They'll either sell you replacement comfy cushions for good ear defenders, or consumable cheapy ear defenders.

Reply to
Andy Dingley