Is there a word for people who still post this...

Yes, I remember those days too. 2400 baud was so darn quick ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

75/300 and Prestel was my first experience of any 'public' service.

I do remember trying to get a megabytes worth of files from the USA over a 2400 dialled into the east coast, though.

Eventually took all might. 50k at a time.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher