Is there a rule?

Is there a rule that says heating engineers/gas fitters are not allowed to fit the safety earths?

Is there another rule that electricians are not allowed to fit the safety earth to pipes?

In my house the earth was run to the gas meter but not terminated and in my daughter's house the earth was run to the boiler but not terminated!

Reply to
chudford

I think it is more likely that the plumber has cut the earth (bonding cable is a better term) from the clamp when changing the boiler and gas pipe.

Some local authorities do require a sparks to disconnect a bonding cable before a plumber can start work etc. This only applies in their own properties though. Daft, made up rules like this keep the paperclip attendants in a job.

The main bonding of your gas and water maybe done by yourself.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Thanks Adam. Yes I did connect them in both cases. In my house ( fairly new) the gas meter cable had never been connected. In my daughter's house (new boiler) the bonding cable had been run but never been connected. No clamps fitted on either.

Reply to
chudford