Is there a Condensing Dryer with a nightime timer fitted available as standard.

Our Indeset ISL70C has a delay timer up to 9 hrs IIRC, so I set it up to go on before I go to bed, though after my mates experience I am not so sure. He went to see a film with his wife, set the dryer to go on when they were out, came back and were having a nightcap before going to bed, saw smoke, tumble dryer was on fire! he dragged it outside , luckily no damage done!!

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

I'm sure you must have an answer to this, but someone has to ask it: why not just get a dryer which has a mechanical twist-timer to set the drying time and then plug it into a three-for-a-tenner timer socket setup to switch on overnight?

I would say that wherever you have a tumble dryer must be first choice for a smoke alarm, or whatever other fire protection is appropriate. There can't be many things more likely to go up in smoke than an unattended machine which heats up nice fibrous kindling material.

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath