Is the Bosch PST650 Jigsaw from Argos out of date?

Argos are selling the Bosch PST 650 jigsaw for (just) under £30 (

. I'm looking for a new jigsaw and this seems like a good deal.

However, the Argos jigsaw picture doesn't look like the picture on the Bosch and other websites (e.g.

.

Does anyone know if the Argos one is basically the same as the one on the Bosch website? Are the differences only cosmetic?

Cheers

Reply to
Steve

To me the Argos picture looks like "old style" Bosch compared to the one from the Bosch site. What does the detailed spec say on each site?

Remember that many websites only have pictures for "illustrative purposes only" and a disclaimer that any image may not be of the actual product for sale.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Unfortunately the Argos site has no detailed spec' for the jigsaw they're selling, so there's nothing to compare to the Bosch info'.. I suspect (because of the price) it's an old model that Argos are selling - no one else is doing the current model that cheaply. Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

) . I'm looking for a new jigsaw and this seems like a good deal.

) .

Homebase (same company as Argos) have the newer looking model at £31:99.

The Medway Handyman

> ) . I'm looking for a new jigsaw and this seems like a good deal.

> ) .

noticed the Homebase one has a 2 year warranty as well - worth the extra £2?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

>> ) . I'm looking for a new jigsaw and this seems like a good deal.

>> ) .

Hardly, without it, the sooner it breaks the sooner you can get a real jigsaw ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

>>> ) . I'm looking for a new jigsaw and this seems like a good deal.

>>> ) .

>Thanks Dave. Think I'll get it from Homebase. Steve

Reply to
Steve

All consumer goods sold in the EU must have a 2 year warranty.

EU directive 1994/44/EC.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q