Is tea chest plywood still available?

I saw someone selling a modern version of a traditional tea chest on Ebay recently.the ply used was 4mm. It's weight was said to be 7kg. I would've been happy to buy several of these if they'd been lighter in weight. Is the thin ply used in traditional tea chests still available? cheers

-- Bill Haines

Reply to
Bill Haines

In message , Bill Haines writes

No idea what thickness that was but you can certainly get thinner ply - modellers use it for one

Reply to
chris French

Don't know but an original unit here was extreemly popular with wood worms. I thought they didn't like plywood but possibly the plies were sufficently thick or the glue sufficiently tasty to please them.

Roger

Reply to
Roger R

Google is your friend

Plywood listed at 3mm 2.4mm 2mm 1.5mm and some as thin as 0.4mm

Not sure what size traditional tea chests used

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Perhaps it's the garden party Raj effect. The woodworm equivalent to thinly sliced cucumber sandwiches.

-- Mycle

Pedestrian Plus

Reply to
Bill Haines