Is it worth having a microwave oven repaired?

But with a microwave, you stick it in and can go off and have a bath. With a pan, it requires attention.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Not one of my curries. I'm sure they have much more skilfully prepared (and, more importantly, milder) concoctions.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Very little and I'm cooking other things anyway :-)

It's called multi-tasking, what females are for.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think you need to taste real food instead of having to spice it hot to give you an oral sensation!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Nah. I'm not that bad really. My overly hot days were back at university.

My real objection is to getting the mixer out and cleaning it up afterwards.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Isn't letting kids have a whizz in the Kenwood a bit unhygenic?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

... I'm sure you enjoyed them!

Ours is - and always was - used so frequently that it's permanently on the work surface. Cleaning the goblet is a doddle. In fact it all is ...

Microwaves must need cleaning, they have a larger surface area!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"nightjar .uk.com>"

They only did it after bath time.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Naah.

The only thing you need to do is to replace the waveguide cover (1.50) every

2 years, or when it goes on fire.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

Hi,

My sis just makes up a load at a time and then puts it in ice cube moulds and freezes it. Then when it's time for the little 'uns to eat she just defrosts different ones to make up a meal.

For cleaning the mixer try blending some hot water and fairy liquid, if it's OK with ice drop a bit in too.

Might still need a little of washing up but should be a lot cleaner to start with. Dropping the non glass bits in boiling water would finish off any germs nicely.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Why should you want to do that?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh.

Hmm.

I'm sure you're right .. you often are:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Adequate I suppose. Depends what you are used to.

Not entirely - boiling for hours destroys many of the more delicate flavours whereas the shorter cooking time of the microwave preserves them

I had worked that out a few years back, it is still much faster in a microwave and the taste is better as a result.

Ah, I didn't realise you were talking about another gadget. Steam is steam, and its temperature (unless you do fancy things) is the same no matter where it originates. I have tried those plastic gadgets. I am sure some people find them useful.

The efficiency of an electric gadget producing steam is quite high as the energy losses are low. Its effectiveness is no better than any other method of producing steam.

Yours must be very impressive as my round metal ones is some 30 inches in height and 14 in diameter. Is it yours the Tardis model by any chance?

An advantage of many gadgets - including the microwave.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I have a glass fusing kiln that goes in my microwave. It's a pair of firebricks with a central hollow and a microwave-absorbing liner.

I also once bought a microwave, just as a verifiable CD-R destroyer. It frazzled the data, but left the disk and printed label as an audit trail.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

How many people have died from misrepairing zappers?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Don't be silly.

I didn't mention boiling.

Nor hours.

They used to say that about pressure cookers.

blech.

But you have to have that box 24/7, not just for the few minues you use it.

It is. There's less loss of steam and it heats up more quickly. I realy don't think you have done comparitive tests, I have.

In a way. Being oval it will accommodate more items. It's very well designed.

Whatever turns you on.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Tell me more - you could convert me!

A cabinet making daughter uses hers for emergency drying of timber.

I'm sure that was very useful :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote | > | That requires you to eat "traditional" food though. I not sure | > | what the little ones would make of my curries. | > What do little Indian babies eat? | The ones I know are weaned onto what their parents re eating.

Exactly. If little Patels can eat curries so can little McArdles.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ah but Christian can multi-task too: he can have a (quick) bath and cook rice at the same time (can you?!)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I don't believe in quick baths!

Perhaps he has a machine for that too - I reckon it would take 15 minutes to fill the bath, get in it, get out and empty it. That's not what I call either getting clean or enjoying it!

My bath (it's known as a wallow hereabouts) is the only 100% luxury I have, entirely to myself. Oh bliss! I'm not going to think about cooking or anything else. The rest of my time is spent keeping metaphorical balls in the air, I need that two hours a week to relax :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher